HEC Research is the research unit of HEC Liège. It includes more than 100 FTE researchers (faculty, senior and junior scientists) who are active in various fields of economics and management science.
The research unit is subdivided into 7 subunits associated with strategic research fields in which the school has significant experience and a critical mass of researchers, publications, teaching and corporate collaborations, namely, Asset and Risk Management (ARM); Changing Workplace and Strategic Human Resource Management (HRM); Economic Analysis and Policy (ECON); Marketing and Service Innovation (MSI); Social Enterprise and Business Ethics (SEBE); Supply Chain Management and Business Analytics (SCM); Sustainable Performance: Tax, Audit and Accounting (SUSP); as well as an 8th subunit that hosts some emerging fields of research.
As part of its strategy, HEC Research aims to foster active interdisciplinary collaborations around three transversal themes – sustainability, digital transformation and entrepreneurship – in order to generate transformative research with high impact on HEC’s strategic research fields and with a concrete influence on the socio-economic environment of the school.
Job description :
- Working in the "HEC Research Unit" which investigates fundamental scientific questions in one of seven strategic fields: Asset and Risk Management, Changing Workplace and Strategic HRM, Economic Analysis and Policy, Marketing, Social Enterprise and Business Ethics, Supply Chain Management and Business Analytics, Sustainable Performance: Tax, Audit and Accounting (http://www.hec.ulg.ac.be/en/hec-liege/strategic-research-fields).
- Involvement in the scientific life of the research unit.
- Representing HEC Liège in the international scientific community, for instance through the organization of or participation in scientific events.
Your profile :
- You hold a PhD in management, economics, finance, operations, or a related field;
- You have a structured research project in one of the strategic fields of HEC Research; preferably connected to one of our 3 transversal themes: sustainability, digital transformation and/or entrepreneurship.
- You have contacted and received the support of a professor of HEC Research for your project. A research project can involve more than one field but should then be supported by two internal promotors;
- You speak English or French. (Knowledge of French is an asset, but is not mandatory.)
Contract : The position can start between March 2 and October 1, 2020. The postdoctoral
researcher will be hired on a research grant and therefore should comply with the following
- to have obtained the PhD degree less than 10 years before the starting date of the
- to be in a situation of international mobility (that is, not having stayed more than 24
months in Belgium - for work or studies, etc. - over the last 3 years).
The postdoctoral researcher will also benefit from an operating budget of 5.000 euros.
Application package :
(1) A research project of maximum 10,000 characters (spaces included) containing the following sections: A. Research question B. State of the art C. Research methodology D. Calendar and research outputs;
(2) A detailed CV;
(3) A list of publications and working papers;
(4) A motivation letter;
(5) A recommendation letter of one international expert of the field;
(6) A scanned copy of your PhD degree or another official certificate;
(7) A letter of support of one internal promotor (see the list of potential promotors in the Appendix of this call).
Candidates should send their application to Muriel Vervier (Head of the Research Support Service) at firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2020. Decisions will be communicated no later than March 2020. Further information can be obtained at the same address.
About HEC Management School - University of Liège (HEC Liège)
HEC® Liège is the management school of the University of Liège. HEC® Liège is one of the leading Belgian university business schools for graduate and postgraduate programmes with over 200 academics and researchers and over 2900 students. HEC® Liège is a dynamic institution that heavily promotes an active pedagogy leading students to contribute actively to their own
education. The international vision of HEC® Liège translates into multiple research activities in management and economics, numerous partnerships with worldwide companies and universities, and growing internationalization of its programmes and faculty. The School's commitment to, and continuing investment in, quality improvement has been recognized through prestigious international accreditations: HEC Liège has become the first complete Belgian business school to hold both AACSB and EQUIS institutional accreditations. HEC® Liège holds the EPAS award for each of its three main programmes: the Master in Management, the Master in Business Engineering, and the Doctoral Programme. HEC Liège is BSIS labelled and part of the CFA Institute University Recognition Program for its master in management (Banking and Asset Management). HEC® Liège is also a member of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
HEC Liège is located in Liège, Belgium’s third largest city, and the largest agglomeration of the French-speaking Walloon region. At the heart of the EU, Liège hosts the third inland port and the seventh freight airport in Europe. Recognized for its quality of life and rich historical heritage, Liège is ideally situated within the Meuse-Rhine Euregio, 40 kilometers from Maastricht (the Netherlands) and 60 kilometers from Aachen (Germany). It is less than 1.5 hours away from Cologne, 2.5 hours from Paris and 4 hours from London by high-speed train starting from the magnificent train station designed by the renowned architect Santiago Calatrava.
For more on HEC Liège work environment, see http://www.hec.ulg.ac.be/en/hec-liege/aboutus/mission-vision-values and http://www.hec.ulg.ac.be/en/hec-liege/hec-spirit
List of potential promotors
Hübner Georges Asset and Risk Management
Hambuckers Julien Asset and Risk Management
Lambert Marie Asset and Risk Management
Cornet Annie Changing workplace and strategic HRM
Dujardin Jean-Marie Changing workplace and strategic HRM
Lisein Olivier Changing workplace and strategic HRM
Pichault François Changing workplace and strategic HRM
Robert Jocelyne Changing workplace and strategic HRM
Artige Lionel Economic analysis and policy
Gathon Henry-Jean Economic analysis and policy
Gautier Axel Economic analysis and policy
Tharakan Joseph Economic analysis and policy
Thiry Bernard Economic analysis and policy
Walheer Barnabé Economic analysis and policy
Delcourt Cécile Marketing & Service Innovation
Dessart Laurence Marketing & Service Innovation
Standaert Willem Marketing & Service Innovation
Arda Yasemin SCM and Business Analytics
Crama Yves SCM and Business Analytics
Heng Samedi SCM and Business Analytics
Heuchenne Cédric SCM and Business Analytics
Ittoo Ashwin SCM and Business Analytics
Limbourg Sabine SCM and Business Analytics
Pironet Thierry SCM and Business Analytics
Schyns Michael SCM and Business Analytics
Mertens de Wilmars Sybille Social enterprise and business ethics
Xhauflair Virginie Social enterprise and business ethics
Crutzen Nathalie Sustainable performance: tax, audit and accounting
Richelle Isabelle Sustainable performance: tax, audit and accounting
Van Caillie Didier Sustainable performance: tax, audit and accounting
For more information about their publications see http://orbi.uliege.be/?locale=en