HEC® Liège (University of Liège) invites applications for a full-time academic position in Financial Reporting and Audit starting on October 1, 2020. HEC® Liège is the management school of the University of Liège. HEC® Liège is one of the leading Belgian university business schools for graduate and postgraduate programs with more than 115 fulltime faculty members and researchers and more than 2.900 students. HEC® Liège is a dynamic institution that heavily promotes an active pedagogy, leading students to contribute actively to their own education. The international vision of HEC® Liège translates into multiple research activities in
management and economics, numerous partnerships with worldwide companies and universities, and growing internationalization of its programs and faculty.
The school's commitment to, and continuing investment in, quality improvement has been recognized through the AACSB award and the EQUIS award delivered by the international accreditation body EFMD. HEC® Liège also holds the EPAS award for each of its three main programs: the Master in Management, the Master in Business Engineering, and the Doctoral Program. The specialization
“Banking and Asset Management” of the Master in Management has recently been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. HEC® Liège is also a member of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
HEC® Liège is located in Liège, Belgium’s third largest city, and the largest agglomeration of the French-speaking Walloon region. At the heart of Europe, Liège is the third inland port of Europe and the seventh freight airport in Europe. Recognized for its quality of life and its rich historical heritage, Liège is ideally situated within the Meuse-Rhin Euregio, 30 km from Maastricht (the Netherlands)
and 60 km from Aachen (Germany). It is less than 1.5 hours away from Cologne, 2.5 hours from Paris and 4 hours from London by high-speed train (TGV) starting from the new magnificent train station designed by the renowned architect Santiago Calatrava.
A description of the HEC® Liège work environment can be found at:
· Responsible for a teaching load at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The successful candidate will be assigned specialized courses based on his/her profile and experience;
· Researcher in Financial Reporting and Audit, in a field related to the peak of excellence of « Sustainable performance: tax, audit and accounting » (http://www.hec.ulg.ac.be/en/facultyresearch/fields-research-centers/sustainable-performance-tax-audit-accounting);
· Representing HEC in the international scientific community through (for instance) the organisation of scientific events/workshops;
· Promoting and supervising students' master theses;
· To be involved into the administrative and scientific life of the department.
· You have a PhD in economics or finance;
· You are interested in fundamental and applied research questions in financial reporting and audit linked with sustainable performance (http://www.hec.ulg.ac.be/en/facultyresearch/fields-research-centers/sustainable-performance-tax-audit-accounting) and have a structured research agenda in these fields;
· You are able to compose and lead a research team in these fields as well as integrate into international research networks;
· You have teaching skills;
· You are available for teaching and research missions abroad;
· Languages : English and French. The knowledge of french is not mandatory but preferred.
Tenure track candidates start with limited teaching duties allowing them to allocate 40% of their working time to research activities. A positive evaluation at the end of the probation period is subject to the candidate’s demonstrated performance in teaching and research. In particular, with regard to research, the candidate is expected to
§ publish scientific articles in relevant and top-tier refereed journals, as well as books and book chapters;
§ develop new research projects and write grant proposals for attracting internal and external research funding;
§ supervise doctoral research;
§ be involved in international research networks;
§ actively take part in the organization of research activities of the corresponding strategic field at HEC Liège, such as research seminars, workshops, and scientific conferences;
§ participate in research projects and missions for the account of, and grow partnerships with, private organizations and/or public authorities.
- Motivation letter and curriculum vitae showing the experience/expertise of the candidate in financial reporting and audit and in teaching;
- List of publications and international and national collaborations/projects;
- Letter describing their research interest (5 pages at most);
- Two recommendation letters
To be sent, by registered post, to Professor P. Wolper, Recteur, Université de Liège, 7 Place du
20 Août, 4000 Liège, Belgium, by November, 29 2019
with an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact Mrs A Chanteux, Head of Department Finance, Accounting and Law,
HEC Liège (email@example.com).
The salary grids and their rules of application are available from the University’s Human
Resource Office: Mrs Ludivine DEPAS – tel.: +32 4 366 52 04 – Ludivine.Depas@uliege.be.
Academic posts are allocated for an initial fixed term of four years which, Following evaluations after three years, may lead to a permanent appointment.