In view of its continuous growth, the International University of Monaco (IUM), invites applications for full-time permanent positions as Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in the fields of:
Candidates whose research interests and teaching experience are related to strategy, industry and competitive analysis, entrepreneurship, sustainable development and human resources management are encouraged to apply.
Candidates whose research interests and teaching experience are related to hospitality, consumer behavior, digital marketing and luxury marketing are encouraged to apply.
Candidates whose research interests and teaching experience are related to hedge fund strategies and hedge fund management, private banking, wealth management, impact investing and sustainable finance are encouraged to apply.
Appointments are made at Full, Associate or Assistant Professor ranks depending on research achievements, teaching record and business experience. Successful candidates for full time positions need to illustrate high research potential.
The candidate will join INSEEC U. Research Center team (https://recherche.inseec.com/en).
All positions are based in the Principality of Monaco.
Rank of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and salary will be competitive.
The IUM strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnicity, nationality).
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement.
Applications are analyzed on a continuous basis. A first deadline will be on July 31st 2021. Candidates of the first round would preferably start by September 2021 and should ideally be based nearby Monaco.
With 70 nationalities represented in the student body and faculty, the International University of Monaco, AACSB accredited, is the premier institution for higher education in the Principality of Monaco. IUM educates highly skilled and responsible business leaders from all over the world in the fields of high-value activities particularly in Luxury, Hospitality, and Financial Services.
IUM currently offers programs from undergraduate to graduate level: a Bachelor program in Business Administration with several specializations, 5 MSc degree programs, including MSc in Luxury Management (specializations: Luxury Brand Management, Luxury Hospitality and Event Management, and Luxury Fashion & Accessories Management), MSc in International Management, MSc in Marketing, MSc in Sports Business Management and MSc in Finance, an AMBA accredited MBA full-time and Executive MBA, and a Doctoral program (DBA) for experienced managers. For more information, please consult the programs on our website: www.monaco.edu.
IUM offers outstanding teaching in its small, connected, stimulating, cross-cultural environment fostering an entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative work, experiential learning, and mutual understanding among students, faculty, and staff.
IUM has developed a teaching philosophy based on five learning principles:
• Individual attention
• Balance of theory and application
• Active learning
• Cooperative and collaborative learning
• Multicultural learning
IUM stands for educational quality through research devoted to the advancement and dissemination of management knowledge in high-value activities to improve managerial practices. It conducts its research activities in close connection with the local and international business community, encouraging innovation, corporate social responsibility, and sustainable development.
IUM contributes to the internationalization of Groupe INSEEC U., the academic institution to which it belongs, and to the Principality of Monaco’s attractiveness and dynamism.
About the positions
According to the conditions of the Faculty Charter, the main duties and responsibilities are the following:
Engage in teaching activities, pedagogical coordination, and pedagogical development:
• Teach between 150 and 195 hours per year (depending on the profile, the division of activities and research achievements).
• Support students, engage in pedagogical activities and in project-based learning approaches, take part in students’ oral project presentations
• Contribute to program design and continuous improvement of programs
Contribute to scholarly research activities and the development of applied scholarly activities, for example:
• Contribute to research activities and in particular to the areas of excellence developed within the IUM
• Invest in the development of applied research
• Contribute to the development of funded research projects and the setting up of partnerships with business organizations.
Support the development of the IUM and its projects, in particular:
• Take part in events organized by the IUM
• Support marketing and promotions initiatives
• Contribute to the development of the IUM’s reputation
• Support and contribute to the development of business engagement activities
PROFILE OF APPLICANTS
Previous experience and essential qualifications
• PhD or DBA in the field of expertise applied for and demonstrated ability to produce high quality research and publications in recognized peer reviewed academic journals (ABDC, FNEGE, CNRS ranking)
• Experience of teaching in a Management School or at a University
• Ability/experience in blended learning / e-learning will be highly appreciated
• Ability to teach in English
Desirable personal qualities
• Determined, dynamic, committed personality having a strong team spirit
• Good listener, conveying messages and information effectively and with courtesy
• Creating and inspiring confidence, honesty and rigor
• Flexible and agile; able to successfully adapt to changing environments
• Global mindset
• A passion for teaching and learning, and for sharing and passing on knowledge
• Focused on student achievement and motivated by the challenge of offering students a transformative learning experience
• A taste for teaching and learning innovation, and the development of digital teaching approaches
Applicants should send the following documents in English via email to the HR Department: email@example.com
- A cover letter including motivation to join IUM
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- List of courses taught in the last 5 years
- Current and planned research activities