The Management and Society Department at IÉSEG School of Management (Lille & Paris, France) invites applications for a funded, 18-month post-doctoral position starting in the academic year 2021-2022 in the field of management & society / corporate sustainability on its Lille campus. In particular, we are interested in candidates who are keen to move forward their current papers and projects but also start new ones with some researchers in IÉSEG’s department of Management & Society, closely linked to ICOR, the IÉSEG Center for Organizational Responsibility, led by Pr. Frank de Bakker.
ICOR and the Management and Society Department offer an inspiring and supportive environment with regular research seminars, writing circles and a collaborative but aspirational spirit. Researchers at ICOR and in the department have published in outlets such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Academy of Management Discoveries, Academy of Management Perspectives, Organization Science, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, or Business & Society. More information at http://icor.ieseg.fr.
The post-doctoral research will work within the larger project “Sustainability of Business in Society”. In this project, several themes are addressed, both by PhD researchers and senior faculty. We are for instance interested in candidates relating to the themes below:
- The efforts and best practices to be developed by individuals and teams in charge of the development of sustainable value creation initiatives (strategic change projects for sustainability, or examining the role of sustainability and CSR managers);
- The specific skills, know-how and learnings to be developed at different levels of the business organization in order to ensure the creation of sustainable value;
- The organizational structures and designs to integrate stakeholders into companies’ decision-making activities to foster sustainable value creation.
Yet, we are open to alternative proposals as well. In short, we are looking for a committed researcher who actively engages with their colleagues. We expect the successful candidate to conduct high-quality research and collaborate in several projects while pursuing their own articles as well. The aim is to engage in international academic peer-reviewed publications.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CANDIDATE
• A profound interest to do high-quality academic research with a clear added value for business in an international environment.
• Obtained a PhD in Business, Management, Organization Studies or equivalent.
• Fluent in English; ability to write high-standard text in English. French language skills are an asset.
• Dynamic, pro-active, creative and serious personality.
• A promising academic track record with a developed pipeline.
WORKING CONDITIONS OF THE CANDIDATE
The post-doctoral researcher will work under the conditions of a research contract for a period of 18 months, starting September 2021. Salary conditions are in line with the French research system.
The post-doctoral researcher will also be expected to engage in teaching activities in line with her/his expertise, though to a limited extent.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
• IÉSEG is proud to be triple crowned AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA and an active member of the French ‘Conférence des Grandes Écoles’.
• IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research).
• IÉSEG actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and rewards high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
• The IÉSEG faculty is highly qualified and diverse with over 40 different nationalities represented.
• IÉSEG offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels), and our Paris Campus is centrally located in the biggest European business district of "La Défense”. Both premises provide state of the art technology in the classrooms and offer an excellent research environment. To find out more about IÉSEG: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/.
To apply, please click here: https://recruitment.ieseg.fr/jobs/1158766-post-doctoral-position-in-management-society-corporate-sustainability?promotion=231405-trackable-share-link-efmd
When applying, you will be asked to upload the following documents merged into one single pdf:
• Cover Letter (including a statement that describes your motivation for working in this area)
• Updated CV
• One job market paper
• List of names, affiliations and e-mail addresses of three referees.
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact Prof. dr. Frank de Bakker via firstname.lastname@example.org and Prof. dr. François Maon via email@example.com who are in charge of the recruitment procedure.
We will begin considering candidates immediately and will welcome application packages until May 31st, 2021. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Note: The procedure is committed to equality and diversity, and encourages applications from all sections of the community.